Biba's chat features use the native OSX spell checker capabilities which provides a number of settings that can affect how auto correct works.
Enable or Disable Automatic Spelling Correction System-Wide
- Launch System Preferences, either by clicking the System Preferences icon in the Dock, or by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Click Keyboard preferences and then select the Text tab.
- To enable the automatic spelling check, place a check mark next to the Correct Spelling Automatically item (the settings above show that the spelling is automatic).
- To disable the automatic spelling check, remove the check mark next to the Correct Spelling Automatically item.
You can also help the system learn words that you do not want it to auto-correct.
- If a word is not recognized, the OS will show a red underline. Right click the word and choose "Learn Spelling".
- If there is a word you want it to forget the spelling for. Double click the word and right click and choose "Unlearn Spelling".